Unless enough folks raise a ruckus, this may be the last America’s Next Top Model recap on Manhunt Daily. It’s come to a point where it seems illogical to write about a show no one cares about. Yes, a few people come to this blog for more than gay porn and naked men. But who’s coming to read about makeovers and photo shoots? If you’re out there, make your voice heard before it’s too late…
Now that we’ve addressed that issue, let’s move on to last night’s episode. Nigel Barker and J. Alexander kicked things off with a photo challenge, in which the models posed at the top of a roller coaster. Luckily, the actual photo shoot wasn’t nearly as lame as this.
Photographer Matthew Rolston captured the eleven remaining contestants in a beauty shoot, complete with enough seafood to provoke snarky “fish” remarks in our comments section. Who took the best picture? Who got eliminated? You’ll have to click through to find out!
Photo credit: Patrick Wymore
To read more about this episode, follow the JUMP:
1. ANN (LW – 1): Is anyone surprised by this? For the third week in a row, Ann was selected as the best picture. Although it may seem counterintuitive, this doesn’t bode well for her future in the competition. The judges will eat her alive if she ever comes anywhere close to mediocrity…
2. KACEY (LW – 1): This is what happens when a drag queen makes love to a fish, right? The judges were raving about this crap, and I just don’t understand the appeal. However, I’m kind of obsessed with Kacey being the “token bitch” of the household. She definitely pulled out some variation of “I’m not here to make friends” on last night’s episode. LOVE IT.
3. ESTHER (LW – 10): Could we have a new silent threat in the competition? Previously, Esther had been fading into the background, but now she’s busted out with this absolutely stunning photograph. It seems like she might be more than “that Jewish girl from Boston with ginormous boobies”. This bitch better bring it!
4. CHRIS (LW – 4): Matthew Rolston designated this as his favorite image from the entire shoot. I’m still conflicted on this matter, because I can’t get past his wild opposition to her forehead. Every time I look at this picture, I see a girl covering herself because a famous photographer told her to. Chris has such a big personality, and it’d be a shame to see her broken down by the fashion industry. Who ever said big foreheads can’t be beautiful?
5. KENDAL (LW – 9): I’m waiting for the moment that Kendal photographs as well as she looks in person. And by “in person”, I mean on my television. Based on looks alone, she should be one of the frontrunners in the competition, but she’s missing the mark ever-so-slightly. Girl, you’ve got to come harder than this!
6. LEXIE (LW – 11): Did anyone else think this was too cute? Look, I know this is a beauty shoot and everything, but Lexie appears to be more Seventeen magazine than Vogue Italia. As much as I love her rivalry with Kacey, they need to send this girl packing ASAP.
7. KAYLA (LW – 2): I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again–Kayla is going to be the first openly lesbian winner of America’s Next Top Model. Even though she’s towards the bottom of the pack, this is still an exceptional picture. It’s like a high fashion version of Ariel from The Little Mermaid! However, from the looks of Sebastian on his shoulder, he probably won’t be breaking out into a rendition of “Under The Sea”…
8. JANE (LW – 7): Jane appears too pretty in photographs. I realize there are worst problems to have in the world, but it could be a serious detriment to her fate in this competition. Much like Kendal, I’m still waiting for the shot that will blow me (no pun intended) out of the water, and she hasn’t quite delivered it yet.
9. CHELSEY (LW – 3): Is it wrong that I’m kind of obsessed with this picture? It’s like Megan Mulally with a blond wig and too much botox. Tyra took it to the next level with her critique of this shot, saying that Chelsey looks like a contestant who didn’t win RuPaul’s Drag Race.
10. LIZ (Bottom Two, LW – 6): Liz has taken a place as the “complainer” of the bunch, and you can tell that Jay Manuel is ready to rip her lips off of her face. If she can shut her mouth and stop bitching, I’ll be back on her bandwagon. But right now? I want to slap this ho.
11. RHIANNA (Eliminated, LW – 5): So was it just me? Or did anyone else think this was a legitimately good shot? Obviously, the producers needed to get rid of Rhianna in order to let Ann hog the “quirky girl” spotlight, but it’s questionable why they chose to do it at this moment. Alas, she’s out the door, and we’ll have to get over it.