The library is open! The seven remaining queens on RuPaul’s Drag Race put on their reading glasses and kicked off last night’s episode with a whole lot of shade. Translation for those who don’t have their drag diva dictionaries handy? They basically talked shit about their competition.
But what’s new? These girls have been at one another’s throats since the beginning, and things only got more dramatic during last night’s stand-up comedy challenge. Since Shangela won the mini-challenge, she was granted the privilege of deciding the show’s order. Predictably, she stacked the cards against the four “Heathers”—Raja, Carmen Carrera, Manila Luzon and Delta Work. Were her attempts of sabotage all for nothing? Click through to find out!
To watch this episode and check out the rankings, follow the JUMP:
1. YARA SOFIA (LW – 3): Alright, alright! Even though Shangela technically won this challenge, we have to give major props to Ms. Yara Sofia. This was so deliciously absurd and balls-to-the-wall insane. We get the sense that we should be offended for little people everywhere, but whatevs… We still stand by the unwritten rule that drag queens are allowed to be mildly offensive.
2. SHANGELA (LW – 8, Winner): It’s gonna take a lot more than a postmodern pimp ho to win back our trust, Miss Honey! Look, we’ll be the first to admit that Shangela deserved to win this challenge, but there’s still some unresolved cuntiness that we can’t get past. And we ain’t talkin’ charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent!
3. CARMEN CARRERA (LW – 4): In all honesty, we thought this was going to be excruciatingly painful. As guest judge Rita Rudner put it, “There’s nothing funny about a good-looking person doing well”. It’s a good thing that the mere concept of I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant was enough to make this work.
4. RAJA (LW – 1): There are a few genres of humor that we don’t necessarily love, including but not limited to jokes about incest, menstruation and dead babies. Raja tackled two out of three, and we still managed to forgive her. Why? Because that Carrie-inspired outfit is fucking brilliant.
5. MANILA LUZON (LW – 2, Chante, You Stay): We’d say we were sad about Manila Luzon lip-synching for her life. However, you need to take into account that faces like this happened in the process. If this bitch doesn’t win the competition, we’re seriously going to stage a protest outside of RuPaul’s office.
6. ALEXIS MATEO (LW – 6): We didn’t realize they let India Ferrah back on the show…
7. DELTA WORK (LW – 5, Sashay Away): Yikes! We almost felt bad for Delta Work, and then we witnessed her pseudo-meltdown on this week’s edition of Untucked. Things were going to get ugly if she made it past this round, so we’re just glad she got away with her dignity intact. Well, sort of.